Monday, January 20, 2014

Winter Skincare

Ladies, as we get older, taking care of our skin should be a top priority for everyone.  In the last couple of years, I've realized how important this is and I've started looking for the best creams/moisturizers/scrubs, etc. for my skin type.  It also means I've developed a skin routine that I stick to no matter how tired I am at night, or how much time I truly have during the morning.

I have normal to dry skin.  My normal skin becomes very dry in the winter.  This following post is about my skin and how I handle it; if your skin is different, do not follow this routine.

When the temps drop outside, my skin starts to feel like the Sahara Desert by the end of the day, no matter how much moisturizer I've used!  I've spent a lot of time combating this, and it feels like as I get older, my skin gets dryer.  It also means that during the winter I go through moisturizer like it's my job.

The first thing I do is try to drink plenty of water throughout the day. I'll admit, I'm not always great at this.  But I try really hard.

Recently, I read in a magazine article that some well known celebrity only washes her face at night.  For someone with normal to dry skin, it made a lot of sense to me.  So in the morning, when I shower, I just rinse my face with warm (not hot) water.  After my shower, I use 4 drops of the Josie Maran 100% Aragan Oil first, slathering it all over my face and neck, really massaging it in. It soaks in pretty fast usually 2-3 minutes.  Then I put on my go-to daily moisturizer, Aveeno Positively Radiant.  I do the combination of the oil and moisturizer twice a day, morning and night, which has helped my skin to no longer feel tight and dry skin by the end of the day.  After about 5 minutes, I then use my Sephora eye cream for under my eyes (dark circles and laugh lines).  I looked long and hard for an eye cream that soaks in quickly but is effective on those fine lines, and I was so happy when I received this Sephora eye cream as a tester in one of my many Sephora purchases.  This eye cream has really done wonders for me.  Now, during this time, I'm usually picking out my outfit, accessories, moisturizing the rest of my body (I use Aveeno body lotion), doing my hair, etc. it's definitely about making the best use of my time in the morning, so I take care of my skin and don't run late.  After everything has soaked in, that's when I put on my makeup (that is for another time, another post!!)

The Products I use Daily (Links below) *


At night, the first thing I do is take my makeup off.  To do that, I use Neutrogena Makeup removal wipes, which I find to be the best at getting off all my makeup, including mascara. Then once the makeup is off, I wash my face with a gentle daily scrub, Aveeno Positively Radiant Scrub.  Usually, about once a week, I use my Olay Pro-X Advanced Cleansing Brush, which helps to really exfoliate my skin.  I find for my skin type I only need to use it once a week. After my skin is nice and clean I go through the same steps as the morning for moisturizing.

The adding of the oil twice a day has helped tremendously in keeping my skin soft and dewy all day long.  I'm left with the softest skin and I love the healthy glow my skin has during the winter.

So that's it... That's how I make sure that even in the winter months and freezing temps, my skin looks radiant!  I hope this helps those out there looking for products that will work for your skin type.





*Neither TAL or I receive anything from these companies, I'm just sharing with all of our loyal and beautiful readers the products that I love and use.  




Questions? Comments? Ideas? Email us at theaccessorizedlife@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment