Sunday, January 5, 2014

Our Top Ten Picks for the New Year!

What better way to get back into blogging than to share our best finds for 2014? Since looking fabulous on a budget has always been important to us, we have scoured the internet to find our ten favorite picks under $25, $50 and $75.

If you click on the individual Polaroids next to the item descriptions, you will be brought right to the webpage for that product. We hope our picks have inspired you to add something fabulous to your wardrobe for 2014...heck, at these prices, you can afford to add a few new fabulous items to your wardrobe!

We hope you enjoy our picks as much as we do.

Happy shopping!




UNDER $25:

1) These skinny corduroys from Old Navy are just screaming my name. First off, I love that they come in a variety of bold colors. I always find a great way to beat the winter blues is to wear clothes with color. (In case you forgot about my love of brightly colored tights, you can check out these oldies but goodies here: How to Wear Tights and What I'm Obsessed With Now: Tights) I'm particularly fond of the dark teal color, but I wouldn't say no to any of these cords...especially at only $18, you can purchase every color and still not feel guilty!

2) Normally, these dangly earrings would SO not be my style. But, as of late, I have been getting into bold, fashionable earrings. Even still, I tend to shy away from the majorly huge. However, when browsing the Nordstrom site, these caught my attention and just didn't let go. Not only are they in style, but there's something about them that makes them an instant classic--maybe it's the gold "fringe" at the bottom, maybe it's the titanium color of the metal, maybe it's the scrollwork in the majority of the earring. Who knows. Whatever it is, they're fabulous. And I love them...which is good, because at $22, these are an easy, affordable addition to my ever growing jewelry collection.

3) This sweater from Macy's is one of my absolute favorites. Yes, it does grace my wardrobe. I own it in black and white (even though it does come in several other fabulous colors!). I love that it is long enough that it doesn't hit at that awkward length, I love that it is thick and warm, I love that the inside perfectly mirrors the pattern on the outside (black on white)--almost as if the sweater is reversible (it isn't), but mostly, I love the pattern. I bought it in the black and white because I felt that the pattern would go with just about anything, and you know how I love my bold colors...which makes it easy to pair this sweater with my bold finds! It's a wardrobe staple for me, and at $23.99, it can be a budget friendly wardrobe staple for you, too! 

UNDER $50:

4) When I first saw this necklace, I knew I had to have it. At that point, it was only available in the mint, but that was part of what made me love it. Mint is so trendy now, and I love that even though it's a pop of color, it's really a neutral, too. Mint goes with black, brown, grey, navy, white, blue, yellow, pink...I could go on and on (but I won't)! Then, BaubleBar came out with this necklace in a wide variety of colors. (In fact, Lauren owns the cobalt!) I not only love the color of this necklace, I love the style. It looks like several different beaded necklaces of varying sizes in one. It is my go-to necklace. At $36, you can add one of the many colors to your wardrobe, too!

5) I'll admit it. I'm late to the scarf game. I know that Lauren posted about her obsession of scarves (read that here: Lauren's Scarf Obsession) in November of 2010. To be honest, I've always admired those that could wear them, I just couldn't figure out how to add them to my outfits. Well, one day this fall, I pulled out my one (yes, one!) scarf and put it on. I was in love. I am now obsessed. When I saw this scarf at the Gap, I knew I had to had it (yup, I ordered it!). It not only looks warm and soft, but I also love the colorblock, the stripes and the pop of yellow. (It does come in other colors if yellow is not your thing!) As I've said many times before, nothing perks me up on a gloomy, blustery winter day than a bright splash of color in my outfit. This yellow does the trick...and at $29.95, it not only brightens my wardrobe, it brightens my day!

6) I am obsessed with stripes. If you saw my closet, you'd think that I shop at a prison warehouse. I  love rugby stripes. I especially love rugby stripes in navy blue and white (but, it does also come in olive). Therefore, I especially love this dress. I have something similar that I bought from J.Crew over the summer, but it certainly wasn't a steal like this Old Navy dress. It also doesn't have the little pop of color at the bottom. It can be worn for a casual day out with tall boots or flats, it can be worn to work, and it can be worn for date night. At $29.94, how can you pass up this amazing wardrobe staple?

7) There are so many things I love about these flats--the color (as I said, mint is in!), the hint of sparkle and the scalloped edging. These traits make these flats stand out from the crowd...and will make you stand out from the crowd as well. They're extremely versatile--wear them for a casual outing with friends when paired with leggings or skinny jeans and an oversized sweater, wear them for work with trouser pants or a pencil skirt, wear them for date night with a little dress, or wear them to a spring or summer wedding with a cute knee-length A-line dress. The best part? You can find them at Macy's for only $39.95. If mint isn't your thing, you can also find them in ivory or silver.

UNDER $75:

8) I have been looking for the perfect shirtdress for years. I love the style, but I haven't found one that I loved enough to purchase...until this one. Not only is the price right at $59.99, this beauty from Banana Republic is simply adorable. I love the navy with the bright pink piping--I love navy and bright pink together. (If navy and pink aren't your thing, it also comes in olive green with navy piping.) I love the fact that it hits above the knee--making it a year-round wardrobe addition--great with tights and boots in the winter, with ballet flats in the spring, sandals in the summer and booties in the fall. I also love that it's tailored--it doesn't look like you stole something out of your husband's, father's or brother's closet and threw it on. And, the icing on the cake? The adorable gold buttons. All in all, a great, budget friendly find.

9) I love a big bag. Especially now that I'm a mom and I often find baby snacks and other baby related things in my bag. I also like to carry everything in the world in my bag...I never like to be caught unprepared. But, my bag needs to be more than simply utilitarian--it needs to be beautiful & unique. This bag from Francesca's Collection most certainly fits the bill! I love the navy fabric with the gold chain edging. I love that the handles have gold thread wrapped around them. I love that it comes with an optional strap--which means I can carry it and my kids. I love that it's roomy on the interior, complete with several pockets. Mostly, though, I love that it's a budget friendly $54, but looks way more expensive than that!

10) Orange. Suede. Loafers. Need I say more? Oh wait, budget friendly orange suede loafers...now, do I need to say more? I saw these at the Gap and fell absolutely in love. So in love that I've ordered them to add to my extensive shoe collection. First off, a good loafer never goes out of style. Secondly, as I keep saying, a pop of bright color instantly lightens my mood. And, third, They're great for fall, winter or spring. Plus, they're orange. How fun is that? If orange isn't your thing, they do come in three other colors. At $59.95, it's not even a splurge to buy these fabulous shoes!




UNDER $25:

1) I think it's been said over and over on this blog that our love of BaubleBar knows no boundaries. This dainty bracelet is no exception. It is the perfect addition to your arm candy and for $22, you coud buy it in silver, gold and rose gold without going over budget on your monthly accessories purchases! (Am I the only one who budgets herself for accessories? Probably not, if you are reading this blog!) The bracelet has some sparkle to boot, and, of course, I would rock it in rose gold. Oh, how I love rose gold!




2) In the winter, I love wearing dresses with tights and tall boots. I find that this combination keeps me warmer than wearing pants in the bitter cold that has currently descended upon the northeast! This sweater dress from Target is a perfect addition to your winer wardrobe, and the color is neutral so you can add any colored tights, accessories or a scarf to help you stand out in the cold weather. It's on sale right now at Target, for $24.98, so go run out and get it...well, finish reading my list, then run out and get it!




UNDER $50:

3) I've seen a bunch of jeweled collared blouses this season, and it's one trend I'm really digging! This blouse would be great under a blazer, cardigan or sweater. Whenever I'm shopping, I strive to find pieces that would be appropriate for both work and play. This top would be great for both. It's currently on sale at the Limited for $34.99, which means you can get plenty of use out of it for not a lot of money. That's always a win in my fashion book!


4) It's been established on this blog many times that I love all things sparkly and all things versatile. Heck, just look at this Top 10 list! My list is teeming with items that can fit into those two categories. This sweatshirt is on sale right now for $30, at Old Navy, and would be great for work and weekends. You could pair this top with skinny pants or a pencil skirt. Really, it can go with any outfit that needs that pop of sparkle to get you through the day.


5) Over the last couple of years, Francesca's Collection has become one of my first stops when I'm looking for a new purse or accessory. I know it's a chain store, but I love the boutique feeling you get the minute you walk in the door. I have this crossbody bag in aquamarine--but, it does come in a variety of colors to suit a variety of tastes! This bag was a birthday present from a good friend, and I love it. Now, I love me a big tote bag. I've definitely showed that love here on TAL. However, recently, I've been breaking out a small crossbody bag on weekends. This practice has been saving my shoulders and increasing the bags I utilize during a month! It's a win, win. This crossbody is $34 at Francesca's, so if you need a new bag for play, go get it. You will be happy to add this to your own collection.

6) Ankle boots are all over the place this season and these will be a great addition to your closet without breaking your budget! I have a friend who owns these and according to her, these boots are not chunky and are great when worn with a tights and dress. (BTW, I totally trust her opinion on all things fashion and makeup!) So, don't let the snow on the ground bum you out. Run to Target, get these boots for $34.99, and then rock them all winter long!





7) I love sequins. I do. And, I'm not ashamed to admit it. I also love a pencil skirt. I find it flattering on my body type. Thankfully, this skirt combines both of these loves. I know I would get a lot of use out of this skirt. I'd wear it to work (I know...what?! Maybe not court, but definitely to the office!), out on a date, or on a night out with friends. Heck, I'd wear it around the house, it's just so pretty! I know i would get plenty of use out of it, especially at the great price of $39.99. You can find this amazing piece at 6pm.com.




8) Full disclosure, I own this blazer. I bought it a few months ago and now I rock this blazer for court, drinks with friends...pretty much anytime I can pull it out of my closet. The blazer's price of $34.99 was definitely one of the reasons I loved it in the store. Don't let the leather sleeves throw you off--this blazer is incredibly versatile. I'm a big fan of owning separates; I find I get more use out of the clothes in my closet by changing up different combinations of blazers/skirts/dresses. It also lets my creativity flow when getting dressed in the morning which, to be honest, definitely helps me get out of bed when it's freezing out! Hopefully this blazer will inspire you to make some fabulous outfits, too. Go out to Target and get yours!

UNDER $75:

9) Jeans are a go-to staple for my weekend uniform. These jeans will, no doubt, be a perfect addition to my closet! I know they will go great with a longer sweater or silk top for running around during the day and then switching gears to a night out by adding a favorite pair of heels. I'm also a fan of any jean that has some spandex in there. There, I said it! As a woman, I like pants that have a little spandex in them!!! These amazing jeans can be fond at Ann Taylor Loft for a budget friendly $69.50.




10) I know, I've already raved about the Naked Palate from Urban Decay. I own it and use it on a daily basis. But, my earlier love for the first palate only fuels the excitement I have over Urban Decay's newest palate! Once Urban Decay announced what colors would be in this palate, I am not going to lie, my first thought was, "I need it, I want it, I must own it!" The colors are so versatile and perfect for everyday use. I know...you're thinking, "$52 for eyeshadow?!," but, this palate from Sephora will last you a long time and will only enhance your daily makeup regimen.


Enjoy these fabulous budget friendly finds!

Love,




No comments:

Post a Comment