Saturday, February 1, 2014

Ten Minute Makeup


Let's face, it, if you are like me, you like your sleep.  Therefore, my morning routine usually involves me sleeping as late as possible, then running around trying to jam a million things into my morning so that I can get everything done before I run out the door to get to work.  Over the years I've fine tuned my makeup time down to the second so that I know how much time I need each morning to make myself presentable during my sprint out the door.  I need about 10 minutes each morning to accomplish this. During the weekdays I use the same basic products, I usually just switch out what eyeshadow I use depending on what I am wearing that day.  So here's how I do it!

My Daily Go To Products

The first step for me after I've moisturized my face is to put on foundation. I have a brush that I use to help me with that that's great for getting into all the little angles of my face. For foundation, I've been using a BB Cream from Smashbox, which also helps me in the winter with my dry skin because it has a moisturizer with SPF built in!  (Ladies, we cannot skimp on the SPF, even in the winter!!).

Blending in my foundation

Concealer is my next item I use.  I've been using the same concealer for years; it's from MAC. I use this under my eyes to hide those lovely dark circles! On top of the concealer I just placed under my eyes, I've started using Benefit's Watt's Up. It's a highlighter, and I love how it blends nicely and makes my eyes look awake, even if I'm dead tired.

After making sure all my concealer is blended I move onto my eyes. I like to put on some creme eyeshadow first. The one I use every single day is from MAC Cosmetics.  I usually put the creme shadow on before I have put on my foundation so that I know it's nice and dry and is all set for the powder shadows I'll be using. I find that putting down a creme shadow first helps to hold the eyeshadow on for the entire day.

 
The first color I put on my lid is a darker color (not too dark), and this goes all over my eyelid.  I know this is different from what most people do, but I blend my eyeshadow a lot, which gives the effect of a smoky eye. (Also, I am by no means an expert in this, I just find this works well for me!) Then I put a lighter color, usually with some shimmer all over the darker one and then take my trusty blending brush!

I then finish off the eye look with curling my lashes and applying mascara! I love love love mascara and I never leave the house without it on!



Oh and don't forget about your eyebrows. During the week, I use clear Mascara from CoverGirl Cosmetics to run over the brows so that they stay in place!


Before I'm done, I usually add some sort of blush and/or bronzer just to give my skin a nice healthy glow for the day.

Adding some bronzer on this day 
Finishing up! 
And Voila! I'm done and out the door. Weekdays are not days to experiment with new products. These are days you need to throw some makeup on and get out the door!  Once you figure out the products that work best for you, you too can whip your look together in 10 minutes or less!


Ready to take on the day! 

Hopefully I've inspired you to streamline your morning makeup routine, or I've helped you learn that simple morning makeup is possible! If you want more information on the products I love, click on the links below! 
Love, 













Questions? Comments? Ideas? Email us at theaccessorizedlife@gmail.com

2 comments: