Friday, February 14, 2014

Sweet Valentine



I remember being in elementary school and giving everyone a Valentine Card.  I loved going with my mom to pick out the fun box of cards to give all my friends.  Well, grown up me doesn't always give out cards. Now, I'm all about the baked goods!  I come from a baking family. My mom is an amazing baker, and everything I know I learned from her!  To me, baked goods = love!

This year I made some sugar cookies (recipe below) and will be giving them to my family and friends.





Now, I love icing on cookies and have searched for a good Royal Icing Recipe for years.  Well by some off chance, I finally found it!  I've always said to people that all my baked goods taste good, even if they might not look pretty.... Finally, finally, I feel like my cookies came out pretty!


Finished look! 

Different sizes

With some sprinkles

I hope everyone is having a Sweet Valentine!!

Love,










Sugar Cookie Recipe: Old family recipe:

2         Cups           Sifted Flour
1 1/2   teaspoon     Baking Powder
1/2      teaspoon     Salt
2/3      cup             Softened Butter
3/4      cup             Sugar
1                            Egg
1/2      teaspoon     Vanilla Extract
2         teaspoon     Grated Orange Peel
4         teaspoon     Milk

Mix Butter and Sugar together until Creamy.  Add Egg, Vanilla, Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Orange Peel and Milk, Mixing after each ingredient.  Chill dough for 15 minutes. Then, using a pastry cloth and rolling pin, roll out some of the dough and use whatever cookie cutter you want (i like to make sure the dough isn't too thin)

Place on a cookie sheet that has parchment paper on it.  Bake for 11 minutes at 375 degrees.

Once the cookies are cool, then do the icing!


Royal Icing Recipe, Found at allrecipes.com

1/4 cup warm water
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
3 cups confectioner's sugar or more as needed.


Questions? Comments? Ideas? Email us at theaccessorizedlife@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. They look fantastic!! Nice work Lauren, I bet they are as good as they look :)

    ReplyDelete