Tuesday, February 18, 2014

What I'm Coveting Now

I don't know about you, but it's been cold where I live. Really cold. I'm talking my car reads 1 degree cold. Polar vortex cold.

As I've stated before, I teach in a suburban New Jersey high school. Typically the building is fairly warm, and my classroom is usually so warm that even in the dead of winter, I need to have the windows open. But, due to this polar vortex hanging out over the Northeast, the building has been so cold lately. As a result, I have been looking for fun, stylish warm clothes and accessories. (Maybe this is what sparked my new scarf obsession!)

On one of the extraordinarily freezing days, one of my friends was wearing an amazing fur infinity scarf. I instantly fell in love with it. Not only was it gorgeous and stylish, it looked warm and cozy. I just wanted to snuggle up with it and, at the same time, enhance my outfit with it. I asked her where she got it--she told me that she got it two years ago (bummer #1). Then she told me it was real fur and she bought it for $90 (bummer #2). First and foremost, I'm a girl who believes in finding fabulous on a budget. Secondly, I'm not necessarily anti-fur, but I'm not really pro-fur either. I just don't see the need to buy the real stuff when I can get a reasonable facsimile. Plus, who wants to spend $90 on a scarf that I may not want to wear in a season or two?

So, I set out on a quest to find an adorable and affordable faux fur scarf.

Believe it or not, I found exactly what I was looking for in the strangest of locations...

I found a gorgeous, affordable faux fur infinity scarf at Restoration Hardware. Yup, that Restoration Hardware. The one where I like to browse gorgeous home goods at astronomical prices. Who would have thought that Restoration Hardware would sell accessories? Certainly not me! But, through the magic of Google, I found this beauty...




Gorgeous, right? You know what's even better? It's on sale for $16.99. (Ok, pick your jaw up off the floor!) Even when it was full price, at $49, it was still a deal, but at $16.99, it's impossible to pass up! I got it in lynx:


I cannot wait for this to show up at my door! Want one? Click here!

Love,










Questions? Comments? Ideas? Email us at theaccessorizedlife@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment