Thursday, August 7, 2014

Our Top Ten Summer Picks!

The summer is half over, but that doesn't mean the warm weather is behind us. In fact, now is the perfect time to replenish your summer wardrobe--most summer items are on sale, which means beefing up your wardrobe on a budget! Plus, many summer items can easily be transitioned for fall or winter with the right layering pieces!

We have scoured the internet to find our favorite summer steals and our favorite transition pieces under $25, $50 and $75. If you click on the polaroids next to each description, it will take you right to the item. Hopefully you have been inspired to add a few great picks to your summer wardrobe--with items this fabulous at such great prices, you can spoil yourself without busting your budget!

Hope you enjoy our picks as much as we do!

Happy shopping!


UNDER $25:

1) Polka dots...oh how I love polka dots! A few months ago, I bought a skirt very similar to this one and I love the fact that it's so bouncy. It brightens my day each time I wear it! This skirt is a great addition to your summer wardrobe--it makes a perfect pairing with a blouse, t-shirt or cardigan for work or play! Find it at Old Navy for $24.94

2) Shockingly, my Top 10 this go around doesn't have a lot of jewelry. I know, shocking! But, Stacy sent me a link for these earrings with the subject line, "these are so you!!" Thank goodness I have a best friend who knows me so well and sends me links to jewelry she knows I will love. Don't we all need a best friend like that? These earrings are perfect to throw on after a long day at the pool/beach. Just throw your wet hair up into a ponytail or bun, and meet your best friend out for drinks. These earrings can be found at Nordstrom for $24. What a steal!


3) About 3-4 years ago, I found a pair of sandals from a brand I had never heard of before--Call It Spring. They were tan flats, perfect to wear for a walk around town with a pair of shorts or a cute summer dress. I still own the sandals, which have held up well over time! Since then, I periodically scan the site for other great shoes...this time I found these! These metallic sandals would be a perfect addition to my summer shoe collection, and if they are anything like the other pair I own from Call it Summer, they will last for years to come, which makes them a super great deal at only $14.99!



UNDER $50:


4) You know that I'm a freak for bags of all shapes and sizes. So, does it come as any surprise that there are two bags on my Top 10? Besides, who doesn't love a good tote bag for running errands on a Saturday morning, hitting up the local farmers' market or hitting the beach? This bag from the Gap is not only useful, but it's stylish enough to have on your arm for any of your daily needs! At $44.95, it's easy to add this adorable tote to your wardrobe!



5) The shirtdress...a timeless wardrobe staple. This one is totally trendy, and the red belt adds a great pop of color. In fact, I own and love this dress! It's the perfect item to run errands, hang out with friends, or go out on a date. It's incredibly comfortable and is a great transition piece into cooler weather--just throw a cardigan over it and you're good to go! You can get it at Macy's for $49.99.





6) They're back!!! Fashion is cyclical, and the jean jacket, like so many other trends, has come back into style. A jean jacket is an absolute wardrobe staple. It's perfect for summer nights and will carry perfectly into the upcoming fall. The dark wash of this jacket is the perfect update on an old friend. Pick up this wardrobe staple at Old Navy for $39.94.





7) Every season I like to buy a couple of items to update my wardrobe. This summer I bought this dress when it was on sale...and it still appears to be on sale! Bonus!! It fits great and is perfect for a BBQ or date night. Put a cardigan over it, and it's perfect for a casual day in the office. Get it at Macy's for $44.99.







8) I love me a good clutch. I tend to let my clutch be the pop of color in my outfits. This clutch, in bold cobalt, is no exception. I love the simplicity of this clutch and the detail of the gold zipper! This color goes perfectly with black, tan, white or grey. In fact, I own this clutch--it was given to me as a birthday present this year! Upon opening my gift, I couldn't wait to break out this clutch and I used it right away. You can get your own at the Banana Republic Factory Store for $49.99.







UNDER $75:



9) A nice wedge? Check! A neutral color? Check! A shoe on sale? CHECK, CHECK!! These wedges are perfect for a night out, a casual day at the office, or a weekend outing with friends. The wedge shoe is totally in right now, and at $59.99, you can easily add these to your wardrobe! Find them at Macy's.











10) Ankle length pants are a perfect wardrobe addition. These pants are versatile enough to go from spring to summer, summer to fall, fall to winter, and back again! All you have to do is pair it with the proper footwear. These pants are ideal for work, but are also a great date night option--when paired with the right accessories and shoes! Find these at the Banana Republic Factory Store for $56.79.













UNDER $25:

1) One of my favorite summer outfits is a simple dress with a bold necklace. This necklace is an amazing summer addition--large purple hued jewels that would look fabulous against a tan, and equally as fabulous against your natural skin color (for those of you who are sun conscious!). The best part about this piece? You can get this for a steal at Nordstrom--just $20 and this piece can go home with you, without feeling guilty about it! The second best thing about this necklace? It's a great transition piece. It would look equally as fabulous with a cardigan and camisole as the weather turns chilly this fall.


2) Full disclosure...I own this navy and white striped maxi skirt. In fact, I think it may have been my best purchase of the summer. I found this on the night before the last day of school for $19 at Cotton On. Yup, you read that right. Just $19. I have worn this skirt the day after it comes out of the wash every single time. Not exaggerating. It is stylish (I get compliments every time I wear it), comfortable, and easy to care for. You can toss it in the regular wash and in the dryer. It doesn't shrink even though it's cotton and it doesn't come out wrinkly. It's such a great addition to your wardrobe and is perfect for those summertime BBQ parties or for a day in the park with your friends.


3) I love bold, bright necklaces. I love them with a tank and shorts to dress up a summer outfit, I love them with jeans and a t-shirt, with a maxi dress, with a strapless summer dress...ok, with anything. This necklace, in particular, is so up my alley. I love the mixed beaded strands. I love even more that this necklace is only $11.50 at Nordstrom. You'd better snatch it up before it's gone!


UNDER $50:

4) I bought this shirt to add to my work wardrobe. When I tried it on, I was so beyond pleasantly surprised! This shirt is so super versatile. It looks great with a skirt, under a suit jacket or with a pair of dress pants. But, it looks equally as amazing with jeans! I love that the shirt is sheer, so you can totally change up the look depending on what color camisole you wear underneath. I prefer this shirt in white, but it's also available in navy or red. For $29.94 at Old Navy, you can snatch it up in every color and not feel guilty!




5) Although I'm typically the girl who loves heels, I particularly love these flats. Why? The patent leather. They give these ballet flats a modern, trendy look, yet they are classic enough to become a wardrobe staple for years to come. These flats are the perfect transition shoe from summer into fall. They would be adorable with a cotton skirt and tank or with a pair of skinny jeans and t-shirt, and would even look fabulous with dress pants and a cardigan. I particularly love the blush color, but they come in a variety of colors to suit everyone's taste. At just $49.95, they will be an amazing wallet friendly addition to your wardrobe! Snag your pair at Nordstrom.


6) I know that come summertime, I break out my big bag. Why? Because I carry everything with me! I always have my kindle so that I can sit in the sun and read if the moment presents itself, I carry two pairs of sunglasses, a bottle of water (for those hot days!), snacks, and an umbrella (for those summer showers). This bowler bag fits the bill! It's stylish, timeless and big enough to carry your entire life in! Find it at Sole Society for $49.95. At a price this low, you can fill your beautiful new bag with all the money you save.




7) These earrings...gorgeous. Plain and simple! They add an instant pop of color and style to any outfit. They are a great year-round staple. The cobalt gem is what makes these earrings really pop! They are a timeless piece that will add to any outfit. You can find them at Piperlime. At $25, these earrings are sure to sell out quickly, so snag your pair before it's too late!






UNDER $75:

8) This dress caught my eye the first time I saw it--the tulip hem, the bright red color, the jersey knit...what an amazing find! I love that this dress is ideal for summer--for cocktail parties, dinner with friends or date night. It also transitions well into fall with a jean jacket or tights and a cardigan. If red isn't your thing, it also comes in blue. You can pick it up at Piperlime for $69.






9) Lace is the hot material these days. You can find it in every store in every iteration possible. But, I find that I am drawn time and again to the lace tank, just like this one from Loft. It is perfect on it's own with a pair of jeans or skirt, under a blazer for a day at the office, or with a cardigan for a fall outing with friends. The lace on this tank is beautiful, well crafted and totally fashionable. It also comes in pink if white isn't your thing. It's only $69.50 and will be a timeless addition to your wardrobe.






10) This blazer? Drool. I. Love. It. Why? Because of the zipper pockets. It makes a wardrobe staple playful and modern, while still appropriate for the office or date night. In fact, when I found this at Asos, I quickly purchased one for myself. At $54.15, I didn't even feel guilty about it!








Enjoy these fabulous, budget friendly finds!

Love,










Questions? Comments? Ideas? Email us at theaccessorizedlife@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment