Thursday, March 29, 2012

Finding Great Affordable Jeans, without Looking Like Mom Jeans (February Reader Challenge winning Post!)



Jeans, every girl wears them, but finding the Right pair can be hard for some.  Nowadays the market is inandated with designer high end jeans that are supposed to magically make even the flattest of bottoms look amazing, but for us girls on a budget, paying a lot for jeans is just not an option.  

I tend to pick up jeans at Old Navy, the Gap, Ann Taylor Loft and when a good sale hits, Black House White Market.  

What do I look for in a great pair, well first, I prefer mid-rise jeans.  High waisted may gravitate towards the mommy jeans look, which we are trying to avoid and a low rise jean, well I do not want any one seeing my underwear when I sit!  So mid-rise it is. Also if the Jean has a percentage of spandex in them, I like that, it lets you breathe in the jeans while wearing them, but they don't stretch out too much, and don't lose their form.  

I used to only go for a boot cut pair of denim, but recently have been loving the look of a straight leg or dare i say, Skinny Leg for my jeans.  Also, the relaxed look of boyfriend jeans are prefect for Saturday errands.  


Here are some examples:


Old Navy Skinny Jeans
Old Navy Boyfriend Jeans



Thanks Amanda M. for the great question!!!  I hope this helps everyone on their next shopping trip for Jeans!!  

Love,

~P

P.S. don't forget to email your submissions for the next reader challenge!  Email us at theaccessorizedlife@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment