Monday, March 26, 2012

Cute Candy Dishes


With Easter just around the corner, the stores are teeming with candy...robins eggs, jelly beans, pastel m&ms, cream eggs, peeps...

I'm a bit of a candy-holic, and I tend to buy bags of candy, open them, eat them, and, since I don't finish a bag in one sitting, I leave the open bags around the house.

Well, I found a few adorable candy dishes (some of which can also serve dual purposes) to help accessorize (and organize!) my home. Here are my favorite ones that I've found:

Glass Bag:














This candy dish from Uncommon Goods is super adorable. It looks like a sandwich bag that someone left open, but is made of glass and looks chic instead of slobby and cheap! I saw this and just fell in love with it. I can just picture it in my living room!

If you're not a candy lover, fill it with colored glass marbles and it will look just as adorable as it does filled with jelly beans!

Fruit Basket:













When I was a kid, fresh fruit used to come in cardboard baskets like these. I can remember shopping in the supermarket and getting strawberries, blueberries and raspberries in little baskets like this--with plastic and a rubberband on top to keep the fruit in! So, when I saw this little dish from Anthropologie I totally fell in love. It comes in four different colors: green, blue, yellow and white--but, I am particularly partial to the green because that was the color of the fruit baskets of my youth!

This little dish would be perfect filled with candy on a coffee table, but it would be equally as fabulous if you buy a set of these to use as serving dishes and fill them with fruit for the breakfast table. Just place one at each person's place setting and put fresh berries, melons, bananas (or whatever is in season) into the dish!

Vintage Style Dish:















This vintage style dish from Fish's Eddy piqued my interest when I saw it. It reminds me of visits to my grandparents' house as a child, where I would sneak into the family room and take some candy out of the candy dish when no one was looking! (The candy was usually black licorice and since only my grandfather and I liked black licorice, I don't think anyone missed the candy!) This dish comes in red, yellowy-green, blue and the pink (shown above), but I am partial to the pink.

This would look fabulous filled with with some pastel m&ms on your coffee table, or you can buy a set of them and use them as ice cream dishes year round!


Do you have any adorable home accessories you want to share with us?
Did you buy any of these dishes and want to share your photos with us?
We'd love to hear from you at theaccessorizedlife@gmail.com!

2 comments: