Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Book of the Month

I am an avid reader. I devour books like they're air. During the summer, I literally read a minimum of one book a day. Unfortunately, during the school year, I don't have as much time to read; however, I still try to get in as many books as I can. Sometimes I come across a book that I want to tell the whole world about. To me, books like this are like accessories for the brain...they make your brain prettier...prettier with knowledge!

Therefore, I have decided to start a new feature here at The Accessorized Life...The Book of the Month!

Each month we will be featuring a new read that we want to share with the world. (Princess is an avid reader too, so I'm sure she'll have plenty of fabulous selections to share as well!)

My first selection is a book called Graveminder by Melissa Marr. Melissa Marr is a young adult author--Graveminder is her first book written for adults. I found the book because it was suggested to me through goodreads. (If you are not a member of goodreads, you should be...especially if you love to read!) goodreads is a website where you can chronicle and review all the books you read. You can also link up with friends who have goodreads accounts--check out what's on their "bookshelves," what they gave good or bad reviews to, or what they recommend. goodreads also generates recommendations for you based on the books you read and the reviews you've written. But, I digress...

Back to Graveminder:

So, the book is based in a small town called Claysville. In Claysville, the residents have made a deal with death to keep their town and its residents safe. In return, the residents must mind the graves of the dead--or the dead will walk. I know...it sounds super creepy. But, I promise you, it's not. Graveminder actually a really intriguing story--mystery, science-fiction, a tale of family and a love story all rolled into one. Kind of like chick-lit meets thriller...on steroids.

Once I picked up this book, I literally could not put it down. I read the book any time I had a few seconds to spare...sometimes I'd even pick it up and read it when I was in the middle of conversations with people. Yup, it was that good.

So, Graveminder by Melissa Marr is my book pick of the month! Hopefully it's inspired you to read it as well.

(If you click on anywhere it says Graveminder, it will take you directly to the book on amazon.com. If you click where it says goodreads, it will take you right to the site!)

Have any great book recommendations to share? Did you read Graveminder and want to share your thoughts with us? Did you join goodreads and want to become our friend? Email us at theaccessorizedlife@gmail.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment