Monday, December 13, 2010

When It Rains It Pours

Just a little vignette to share with you, dear reader...

My Wellies
Several years ago, when "Wellies" (or rain boots, but I prefer Wellies) were becoming popular for adults, I bought a pair dirt cheap ($10 to be precise!) at the end of the fall. They are cute--navy blue with light blue stars--but, I never thought of them as anything special.

For years, I was anti skinny jeans. (I know, I know...I'm ashamed of me, too. But, I had no idea how cute they would really look when I tried them on!) Because I was anti skinny jeans, I never wore the rain boots--they looked silly under my boot cut pants and they looked even sillier if I tried to put the rain boots over my boot cut pants.

So, sadly, they were relegated to the back of my closet. I started wearing them again last year in the snow--I put on thick socks and donned the boots to shovel. I figured that if nothing else, I'd get my $10 worth by keeping my feet dry. But, this fall, since I now wear skinny jeans, I have brought these boots into my regular wardrobe.

Yesterday, Princess and I went shopping (I know, what a rarity, right?). The weather in our area of the country was dreadful, so I wore my Wellies. At least three to four people actually stopped me while we were shopping to tell me how cute the boots were. I was surprised--I knew they were cute, but I didn't think they were stop me while I'm shopping to tell me how cute they are cute!

I guess I got my $10 worth with this fabulous find!

No comments:

Post a Comment