Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Compliment Can Bring a Smile to your Day!

No, this isn’t a post from Budget about shoes, nor can I rival her amazing and vast shoe collection, but the following is a story that made me smile so I thought I would share:


This year I spent my Thanksgiving with family in North Carolina. Now I don’t normally dress up for the holiday, but with the excitement of a new venue for the holiday and cute dress I got on sale from Ann Taylor Loft for $7.50 (You did not read that wrong... $7.50!!) I decided to dress it up a bit. I also knew exactly what shoes to wear. I bought them with Budget (no shocker there) in Marshalls. They are Madden Girl Black Suede Booties, and let me just say, originally I wasn’t convinced by the revival of the booties, but man oh man do I love these shoes and am now firmly on the bandwagon of the booties!



Before heading up to my Aunt’s house on Thanksgiving, My cousins, parents and I stopped off at the supermarket to pick up some essentials my aunt was needing (her house sits on the top of a Mountain outside of Asheville N.C.) As we were heading back to the car, a 20-something girl was walking toward us, staring at my feet, smiling... as we passed each other, she turned around and yelled “I love your Boots!” I turned around and yelled “Thanks! You’re boots are great too!”


Sometimes a compliment from a stranger is a great way to start the day and add a smile to anyone's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment