Sunday, September 12, 2010

I Would Have Worn Those 50 Years Ago...

Here's a little vignette to get you shoe lovers out there smiling!

On Tuesday, 9/7/10, I was standing outside my doctor's office rummaging through my purse. It was the end of a long work day, I was tired, and I couldn't find my iPod that I had just thrown in my bag. While I was standing on the sidewalk, I heard someone yelling things at me. I looked up and saw two old ladies (in their 70s/80s) in a car, with their window rolled down.

The "Fabulous" Shoes
These women were pointing at my feet and yelling, "Your shoes are fabulous! Fabulous!" I smiled and yelled back "Thanks!" The driver then said, "I would have worn those 50 years ago!" We both had a good laugh and she drove away.

Amazing how a good pair of shoes can brighten not just your own day, but someone else's day as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment