Saturday, December 17, 2011

The Little Things 2

At this time of year, it's so easy to get caught up in the stress of the season, forgetting about the joy this season can bring. So, I urge you to take a step back and look at all of the little things in your life that make you smile. I did, and here are some of my favorite little things...

Rings from my Grandmothers

These rings are super special to me. The "S" ring was given to me by my maternal grandmother on my 18th birthday. It was a gift from my grandfather to my grandmother for my parents' wedding. The cocktail ring was given to me by my paternal grandfather when my paternal grandmother passed away. Whenever I wear these rings, I feel like my grandparents are watching over me and bringing me a little luck.


Super Pickle

I have had this for as long as I can remember--I think my aunt gave it to me when I was little. Growing up, it hung on my mirror in my childhood bedroom, and there it stayed until I moved out of my parents' house. A few weeks ago, my husband and I were cleaning out our basement and I came across boxes of things from my childhood bedroom. Super Pickle was in there--she now proudly hangs in my closet, where I see her every morning and smile.


Slipper Boots

Princess got these for me last year for the holidays. Since then, they have been my favorite slippers! They are cozy, warm and super cute. Every time the temperature drops below 50, I run to put these on, and every time they make me smile!


My Cat

There is nothing like cuddling up with your pet--especially when she is as cute as my cat! She greets me at the door most days when I get home and she waits for me to get up in the morning to spend time with me as I shower and get dressed. My little interactions with her each day brighten my mood!


Clementines

There is one thing I love about the weather turning cold each year...it's clementine season! I love these sweet little easy to peel fruits!

No comments:

Post a Comment