Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm Like a Bird...

So, I've been noticing this new trend for a few months now, and I have to say that I just can't jump on the bandwagon. What's the trend? Feathers. And, the feather trend just doesn't fly with me (yup, I'm punny!).

I first noticed my students putting feather hair extensions in their hair. It just didn't make sense to me...I thought the purpose of hair extensions was to make your hair look longer, not to make you look more like a bird! At first, I thought maybe one of the sports teams was doing it as a unity thing, but then I saw more, and more, and more, and more kids with feathers in their hair.

It seems like the fashion world took a cue from the hairstylists and started adding feathers to their fall lines as well. Much to my chagrin, feathers are showing up everywhere this fall...

From accessories:
Feather Earrings: Nordstrom
















Feather Belt: Charlotte Russe







Feather Headband: Dorothy Perkins


















Feather Necklace: Francesca's Collection
















To skirts: 















To shirts: 

Feather Shirt: Alloy
















And even, yes, to shoes (sigh...):

Feather Shoes: Nine West
















If, unlike me, you're a feather fashion lover, each of the photos and captions above are linked to the websites where you can buy these avian items. 

However, personally, I will just patiently wait for this fashion trend to fly away.

How do you feel about feathers? Love 'em? Hate 'em? Not quite sure how to wear 'em? Drop us a line and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment