Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Obsession: Large Purses!!

A Sampling of the Large Purses I own!



Call them tote bags, satchels, hobo bags. Call them big. Call them... whatever you want.  I love them so much.  Budget makes fun of me... but as evidenced from her last “My Obsession” post, she is not one to judge!
Anyone who knows me knows that I love big bags.  I like to carry stuff with me at all times. You never know when you need a pen (don’t get me started on my obsession of pens) or a notebook, a book to read while waiting for a friend, or lip gloss, makeup, umbrella, mints.... 


Well you get it, I carry lots of crap with me at all times! 
Where did it all start? Probably when I was in graduate school.  I always looked for a bag big enough to hold my books and notebooks while still looking somewhat stylish, my back be damned.  
My love continued to grow once I started working. I remember upon graduating, my favorite Aunt asked me what I wanted for graduation, my response, “a black tote bag.” To my wonderful surprise, that tote bag came from Coach.  I still use that bag--it’s perfect for all my files and my computer!  


The Coach Tote!!

Since then, I’ve purchased lots large bags that could be used for work/play/whatever the hell I want, and I love every one of them!  Over the last couple of months I have bought three new large purses...and the most expensive, was $20. While it’s true that I love a large bag that can hold all of my crap, as we’ve discussed at length here at “The Accessorized Life”, I am a girl on a budget, so finding a super cute bag for not a lot of money is something I hunt for!!  



Purchased in January, 2011
From Express for $13!!

Purchased from H&M (Though
mistaken as a Banana Republic Purse)
For $17, December 2010.

Purchased from Marshalls, February 2011
for $20!  This one will be perfect for
the Spring/Summer!
I'm constantly switching out my purses depending on the outfit I'm wearing at the moment.  I will admit that sometimes the large purses can be a pain when you are searching for something and it's all the way at the bottom of the purse. But, that does not deter me from purchasing a new one every time I find one that's fabulous and budget friendly!  With these purses, I feel like no matter where I am heading, I will have the things I may happen to need when I am out and about!  

It's my obsession and I don't foresee it going away anytime soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment